Keeping your kids cozy during the winter months is imperative. Whether they are stomping in slushy half-frozen puddles, walking back and forth from school or playing in a winter wonderland, you need boots that can keep up with them and keep them toasty warm.
Every parent has heard their kid yell, “I can’t feel my toes!” at some point during the winter.Finding the best winter boots for kids, can solve that problem.
We’ve narrowed down the field to bring you a great list that will help you find the best boots to meet your needs for this season.
Keep scrolling to find the best snow boots for kids!
Things to Consider When Buying Winter Boots for Kids
There are some things to think about before choosing a pair of winter boots for your child, such as:
- Sizing (Do you live somewhere really cold? It can be a great idea to size up when you buy boots so that you can wear thick socks to stay warm. Also, you might be able to wear them for more than one year.)
- Where You’ll Use Them (Social events, school, running errands vs. Playing outside in the cold weather. Do you need something stylish or functional?)
Top 6 Winter Boots for Kids Table
Need some help with what to look for in a good quality boot? Here are a few tips to find the best winter boots for kids:
- What’s on the Inside Counts. Check out the lining. Some are heavily lined which is great for areas that get a lot of snow.Some have removable liners, taking them easily from spring rain, to winter snow; and helping you get the most out of your boots.
- Keeping Dry. Are the boots you’re buying waterproof or just water resistant?A few words can be the difference between dry or soggy feet at the end of a cold day.
- Traction. Winter conditions can be treacherous. Check the bottom of children’s shoes for proper traction. Also, check to be sure that the boots won’t be too heavy to walk in (if purchasing for small children).
3 Best Winter Boots for Kids Reviews
Is made in the USA. It’s an insulated rubber snow boot with a lightweight waterproof shell. A rubber sole provides great traction for snow, ice and water. The shaft measures approximately 7” from the arch and the heal is 1” tall and the opening at the top of the boot is 13” around.
The lining of the Kamik Kids Snobuster1 is removable, making this a boot that transitions from winter snow, to spring and fall rain seamlessly. It has an adjustable snow collar with grab-lace lock to keep the snow out of your children’s boots.
These boots come in a variety of colors and sizes 8T-6 Big Kids. Kids rave that these are the best winter boots for kids, saying that they are comfortable, warm and amazing for rain and snow!
Offers a non-traditional option to the clunky winter boot. Your kids can go anywhere in this stylish cold weather boot from KEEN.
It features water resistant leather and a dual climate rubber outsole to navigate cold-weather terrain. An abrasion-resistant rubber toecap ensures safety for small adventures on frozen landscapes while a fleece insulated lining and collar insures warm feet. The shaft measures roughly 3” from the arch and the heel is 1.25” high.
This boot comes in a variety of colors and sizes from 8T-6 Big Kid. If you’re looking for a winter boot that is small, functional and stylish, the KEEN Kootenay is it.
Is a great option for parents not looking to break the bank buying winter boots this season.
They feature a waterproof lower and water resistant upper in a ton of fun, loveable prints. The shaft measures 5.5” from the arch and the heel is roughly 1” tall. Inside you’ll find fleece, making these some seriously warm boots. They have a rubber lugged traction outsole, so traction won’t be an issue in the snow and ice.
Be careful with sizing. These tend to run a bit small, so if you plan to add heavy socks, you may