Do you have a kid’s birthday coming up soon? If so, you might want to consider buying a Transformer for the birthday boy or girl. These robots in disguise were popular in the 1980s and they’re enjoying a huge revival thanks to the Transformers movies.
To find the best Transformers toys out there, read our guide. First, you’ll compare the top ten Transformers toys in our table. Then check out some useful buying tips as well as reviews of our three favorite Transformers toys.
Top 10 Transformers Toys Comparison Table
Consider This When Buying Transformers Toys
When you give a child a gift, the pressure is on. You need to make sure it’s a good fit for the child if you want him to get any use out of it at all. Here are some things you should consider when buying Transformers toys for a kid.
- Suitable Ages for the Toys. If you’re buying a Transformers Toy for a 12-year-old, you don’t want to make it too babyish. Likewise, if you’re buying a Transformer for a 6-year-old boy, you don’t want to pick a toy that’s so complex it’ll make him scream in rage rather than with delight. In order to pick the best Transformers toys, you need to look at the appropriate age for the toy and find one that matches the age of the child you’re buying for.
- Decide upon a Price Range. Transformers toys can range from outrageously expensive to completely affordable. You need to look at what you’re willing to spend.
- Look at the Child’s Interests. Obviously, the kid you’re shopping for likes Transformers or you wouldn’t be here reading this guide. But more than that, you need to focus your search on what the kid’s interests are because Transformers toys come in a variety of subsets. If you have a brainy child on your hands, you might want to look for Transformers puzzles. If you have a mechanically-inclined kid on your hands, you might want to consider a Transformers action figure. If they are athletes, go for Transformers sports toys.
- Does It Encourage Learning. If you’re trying to make sure that your child’s play time is conducive to their overall learning process, you’ll want to look at what your child will be able to learn by using this toy. A Transformers puzzle, for instance, will help your child with problem solving, hand and eye coordination and cognitive thinking.
- Figure out If They Want the Good Guys or the Bad Guys. The good guys in the Transformers’ franchise are called the Autobots. The bad guys are called Decepticons. Knowing which side your child wants will help you make the right selection.
Top 3 Best Transformers Toys Reviews
This Transformers toy includes a Leader Class Soundwave figure and a Titan Master Soundblaster figure. You’ll get a lot of bang for your buck with this one because the Soundwave figure can morph from a robot to a boom box. That conversion takes 19 steps, which will be fun for your child to figure out.
Plus, it can also be reconfigured from the boom box into a battle station in just 12 steps. In addition to the figures, you’ll also get a blaster accessory, instructions and a collector card.
This toy is compatible with other Transformers toys as well. If you have the Fortress Maximus figure already, you’ll find that the Soundwave figure can connect to it. And if you have Legends Class figures Laserbeak and Ravage, they can fit into the Soundwave figure.
This toy is durable, even if your child plays heavily with his belongings.
This toy set was made especially for young boys and girls who love Transformers but aren’t necessarily ready to figure out how to make difficult transformations. This set will hold up to all the punishment a little boy or girl can inflict upon their toys.
With this set, your child will get a vehicle and two Transformer figures, Blades, which is a Flight Bot, and Dr. Morocco. Because of the small parts the toy uses, you shouldn’t let a child play with this toy if he’s under 3 years old.
Your child will love how Blades uses his capture claw. And your child should also enjoy the tailfin and chomping motion of the Shark Submarine.
If you don’t mind your child wanting to stay in the bathtub longer than usual, you can even bring these toys in there.
If you have a teenage boy or girl who still loves Transformers, this is one of the best Transformers toys you can get for that age group.
This Ironhide figure converts into a vehicle that rolls easily on the ground. Your child will also get lots of accessories with the figure, including twin guns, a sleigh and a jet pack, so he’ll be able to let his imagination zoom.
Your child will want to avoid rough play with this figure as it is meant more for admiring and transforming and less for heavy playing. As far as aesthetics go, this is a great display piece that will be admired by all the Transformers fans your son shows it to.