Scooters can be a great way for kids to get outside and have fun. They are versatile, easy to carry, and a perfect option for increasing balance and coordination for children of all ages.
It can be challenging to find a safe, high quality scooter. Searching through all of the brands and models for sale to find something to fit your specific needs and budget takes a lot of time.
We know your time is important, so we’ve put together reviews, tips and suggestions so you can find the best scooter for kids, as quickly as possible!
Things to Consider When Buying a Scooter for Kids
Here are a few things to consider while you’re shopping for a scooter:
- Number of Wheels. Scooters usually come with two, or three, wheels. If you’re shopping for a toddler or a younger child who has never used a scooter or skateboard, choosing a three-wheeled scooter will provide safety and stability.
- Size. If you’re shopping for an older child, be sure to check the weight limits of each scooter. This will help to ensure that the scooter is the correct size for your child, and that their scooter will last for more than a year.
- Convertible. Some scooters are like Transformers. The morph into awesome things you never would have dreamed of on your own. If you look long enough, you can find a scooter that’s also a balance bike or a skate board!
Tip: If you’re looking for a convertible option, try #1 in our table; it’s almost as awesome as having a Transformer.
Top 10 Scooters for Kids Table
Check out these tips to help you find the best scooter for kids, and some ideas to keep your kids safe while they have fun:
- Quality. If you’re looking for a scooter that will last your child for years, choose one that’s made of metal instead of plastic. Also be sure to check the quality and material that the tires are made out of to ensure that they will hold up.
- Safety. Safety is always important. It’s a great idea to check the product information for age, height and weight restrictions. If your child doesn’t have a helmet, you should purchase one to go with their scooter and closed toed shoes should be worn during this activity.
Top 3 Best Scooter for Kids Reviews
This three-wheel scooter is hands down the best scooter for kids; we love it! It’s full of creative features to get your kid out and riding like a pro in no time.
It’s a two-in-one wooden balance bike that converts to a mini kick scooter in seconds. This bike will teach your child to balance, while they learn steering, coordination and independence that will prepare them for a larger scooter or a pedal bike.
The high quality construction of this bike is something else that makes it a favorite; built of wood and metal, you can count on this scooter to last! It’s made for children up to 60 pounds and designed for ages two to five.
Another great option for early scooters, this mini scooter from Micro provides a high quality, smooth ride and will quickly become a family favorite.
This scooter is one of the highest rated scooters for two to five-year-olds. It features light up wheels, that are non-marking and safe to use indoors. If you’re not into the idea of indoor scooter use, the wheels are great for outside too, providing extra cushion and a comfortable ride.
One of our favorite features is the lean to steer design. The scooter’s low to the ground designs and safe steering help to create great stability.
This enables children to use their body weight to lean right or left to maneuver the scooter. We love this because it’s a great way to develop coordination that will play into other activities and sports later on (and just because it’s super fun!).
Razor is a brand that is synonymous with scooters. They create great quality products and have been doing so for years.
The A Kick Scooter is a great option for kids over the age of five and under 143 pounds. It’s made of sturdy aircraft-grade aluminum, so you know that it will hold up well to almost anything your kids can throw at it (but maybe teach your kids not to throw things at their scooters).
It’s t-tube and deck design is patented, it folds up conveniently for storage and easy transport. There is a rear fender brake for quick, safe stopping instead of handle bar breaks, which is one of our favorite features of the Razor scooters.
This scooter is great for older children, you can get it up to higher speeds and it’s easy to turn and steer while being safe and fun to use. It’s also on the low end of the budget, which makes it a winner for parents too.
The Razor A Kick Scooter is a classic for a reason, parents know it’s a good quality scooter that you can trust, at a fair price.