Roller skates never seem to go out of style with kids. They’ve enjoyed popularity for decades, and it doesn’t appear they’ll ever slow down – not as long as there are kids willing to put in the time and effort to wow their friends with their tricks.
To find the best roller skates for kids, read our table of the top ten roller skates for children. Then cruise down for useful buying information and the top three roller skates for kids.
Top 10 Roller Skates for Kids Ultimate Table
How Do I Select Roller Skates for Kids?
When it comes to buying the best roller skates for kids, you feel like you’re going to crash and burn. What should you even be looking for in a good pair of roller skates? And how can you make sure they’re appropriate for the kid you’re buying them for?
Don’t worry. By the time you read the following information, you’ll be able to confidently pick out the best pair. Here are some tips for picking out the perfect pair of roller skates.
- Size. The last thing you want to do is buy skates that a kid is going to outgrow in a month. If you want to make sure the child you’re buying them for will get to use them for a longer period, you can buy them a bit big. However, don’t go more than one size bigger than their true size – if it’s too loose, it can cause blisters and hurt their ankles.
- Light-Up Skates. Do you want the child you’re buying for to be the star of the show when she goes to the local skating rink? If you want her to stand out, you could consider light-up skates that will make her the center of attention.
- Indoor or Outdoor Skates. Some skates are made to be used indoors, while others are best suited for outdoor use. Other skates, however, can be used in either setting. If you aren’t sure where the child you’re buying for will be skating, you should go with an all-purpose skate that can be used either indoors or outdoors.
- Do You Want an Adjustable Skate. Some skates are adjustable in several spots, including the toe, the heel, or even the whole boot. By offering adjustability, you can be confident that a child will get more use out of the skate because it can grow with them both in size and comfort level.
- Are There Any Younger Siblings in the Family. If there are, you might want to consider buying a unisex pair of roller skates so once the child you’re buying them for outgrows them, the other kids in the family can still get some use out of them.
Top 3 Best Roller Skates for Kids Reviews
The best roller skates for kids are adjustable, so you can be assured that the kid will get a lot of use out of them before they outgrow them. These skates can adjust through four sizes as a child’s feet grow so a girl can get years of fun out of them.
They also have adjustable micro-ratchet buckles, ensuring a secure fit, which will help the child avoid accidents from improperly-fitting skates.
A child will get smooth rolling with these skates, thanks to the large composition wheeling and semi-precision bearings.
They’ll be easy to clean in case a kid wants to skate on through a mud puddle while taking a lap through the neighborhood. The vinyl boot of the skate can be wiped off with a wet paper towel if it gets dirty.
The skates have a built-in toe brake that will give her a safe and easy way of stopping or slowing down.
These roller skates will make the girl in your life feel like she’s the star of her very own roller derby. The boots on these skates have an athletic look to them and don’t ride up as high as some other roller skates do.
The pink and lime green color scheme of these skates will appeal to girls, as will the fun designs on the skate boot.
Girls will be able to use these skates both inside and outside on driveways, the road, and sidewalks.
Since they look like a tennis shoe with wheels, these skates will be comfortable to wear.
The wheels are designed to turn a bit slower, which will be appreciated by girls who are just starting to skate. It will give them more control over their movements, and that should lead to less spills.
The boy in your life will feel like a big deal with these roller skates on his feet. The silver and red colors will make him feel like a superhero.
The convenient toe brake will let him confidently build up speed, knowing he has a surefire way to stop or slow down.
Since these skates are adjustable through three sizes, boys will get a lot of use out of these skates before they no longer fit. Adjustments in sizes can be made easily with the push of a button by the heel and by adjusting the Velcro of the inner boot.
These skates can be used indoors or outdoors, so boys can get a lot of practice in on their driveways and sidewalks before wowing their friends with their skills at a skating rink.