Making learning fun is a great way to facilitate mental growth and development in children, but finding the best toys to engage young children can be a challenge.
You have to make sure they are age appropriate and safe. There are so many choices on the market and before you buy, you want to make sure you’re picking something that’s great for your child.
We’ve collected the best learning toys for 2 year olds to help you find toys that will provide hours of fun learning, while encouraging mental growth and increased motor skills.
Scroll down and take a look at some great reviews, tips and suggestions!
Before Buying Learning Toys for 2 Year Olds!
Here are a few things to consider while shopping for the best education toys for 2 year olds:
- Where will you use them? (Some toys are great for on-the-go learning while some are larger and are better suited to being kept at home.)
- Which skills do you want to develop? (Different toys develop different skills.)
If you want to develop physical skills or gross motor skills choose: Bikes, blocks or shovels.
Developing the senses requires sensory toys: instruments, sand toys and bubbles.
Utilize make-believe toys for social development and crayons, paint and music for artistic development.
- Child’s interests (Listen to your children, if they are very interested in something that seems too challenging for them. It may still be a good idea to buy a learning toy to teach them about it. It’s always great to foster the interests of your child.)
- Can they use it alone? (Some learning toys require a lot of help or supervision. If you have the time for that, it’s great. If you’re a busy work-from-home parent something hands off might be a better option.)
Top 10 Learning Toys for 2 Year Olds Table
Not for sure what makes a learning toy great? Here are a few tips to keep in mind while you shop:
- Materials. High-quality toys are made free of any harmful materials, like PVC, Latex, lead or BPA. Read the product information to find out what toys are made of and avoid toys that contain any of these materials.
- Safety. Double check to be sure that all parts are large so that they cannot be swallowed if placed in the mouth. At two years, children still place objects in their mouth on a regular basis and anything too small can become a serious choking hazard.
- Quality. Check materials used and reviews. Learning toys are something your children should be able to use for years. So it’s important to be sure that toys are made out of high quality, long lasting materials. You want to be sure to get your money’s worth.
Top 3 Best Learning Toys for 2 Year Olds Reviews
This sorting set comes with five different baskets featuring five different colors. Children can learn how to identify different fruits and vegetables while learning colors, sorting and matching. Work on vocabulary, while teaching them about healthy foods.
Use the fruits and veggies to teach your toddler about cooking and deciding which foods are good choices for strong bodies. Children can also use this toy for make believe play and working on social development.
When children play with this toy, the uses are endless. Imaginative play can take the Learning Resources Farmers Market Set from sorting (mental growth), to a make believe store (social growth), a game of catch (physical growth or motor skills), or food for stuffed animals (imagination, empathy and story telling). Imagination will make this learning toy a classic in your family that will grow with your child.
This is definitely one of the best educational toys for 2 year olds on our list.
Is a pull toy and playset in one. Your toddler will play with this interactive playset for hours.
It features three interactive animals and three interactive vehicles. Toddlers will love to learn more about animals, letters and numbers while exploring their world with these friendly characters.
A removable CB radio introduces colors, numbers and music for fun learning. A flip down ramp will let your child load up the animals and cars into the car carrier and take them along for the ride. Convenient easy-to-push buttons introduce numbers, colors and animals to curious kids. Two AA batteries are included so learning can take off, right out of the package.
This great block set will quickly become a family favorite; no matter your age.
Both parents and children will love to build, create and imagine with this building set. Parents rave about its durability and the fact that it is so family-friendly.
Two-year-olds will enjoy stacking and building, which facilitates hand eye coordination. It comes with 48 wooden blocks and 11 different architectural styles and shapes. They are all machine and hand-sanded for an ultra-smooth finish to ensure safety for even the youngest consumers.
A high quality storage case (with handles) is included, making this a set that can travel with your family. This toy is not only one of the best learning toys for 2 year olds, but will continue to be an asset for your family for many years.