It’s always exciting to give a gift that someone is excited to get, so taking the time to find the perfect gift for a (a sometimes picky) pre-teen boy can be even more rewarding.
If you’re putting this much effort into searching for the “best gifts for 12 year old boy” then you’re practically a saint! So let us help you out, before you spend an entire day looking at LEGOS (like we did).
There are so many gifts to choose from, and each boy is interested in different things. That’s why we’ve looked through products to find some of the best rated gifts, combined with tips and suggestions, so you can be sure to find the perfect gift.
Scroll down to find reviews!
Tips for You When Buying Gifts for 12 Year Old Boys
Here are some things to consider while you shop:
- Who You’re Buying For. Age is just a number, if you find a product that you think would be perfect but it’s suggested for someone younger or older, buy it anyway. As long as it’s safe to use, remember that you know the person you’re buying for better than the company does!
- Jump off the Band Wagon. Don’t buy the hottest new toy just because it’s popular. Take time to know who you’re shopping for, and choose a gift that meets their interests. Doing otherwise can almost guarantee a gift that will be used for a few days, and then forgotten about.
- Brain Power. Gift giving is a great opportunity to show your love, but it’s also the perfect chance to foster creativity and to help brains develop. Being thoughtful and deliberate with your gift giving can turn a gift from a simple toy, to a lifelong passion and skill.
Top 10 Gifts for 12 Year Old Boys Table
These buying tips will keep you on track while you are searching for the “best gifts for 12 year old boy” reviews:
- Quality. Read reviews and check product information to ensure that gifts are high quality. If you are choosing something like a robot, or circuit board, it’s important to make sure it’s well made and frustration free. No one wants to accidentally buy a piece of junk!
- Time Together. Sometimes the best gift comes with time from loved ones. Buying a gift that could require some assistance from you could be a bonus gift. Kids might not always say it, but it’s important for them to spend time with the adults in their life.
Top 3 Best Gifts for 12 Year Old Boy Reviews
Come to the dark side (for just a minute) with this LEGO Star Wars set, it will be a blast for any Star Wars fan, young or old.
You’re only as good as your next battle, so if you’re looking for “Revenge” grab your Jedi and Resistance Armies and lead an attack against General Grevious.
The set comes with four buildable light sabers; test out the force inside of your young padawn, or reenact the battle between General Grievous, and Obi-Wan Kenobi.
As always, you’ll find sturdy and durable LEGO design. You’ll be able to engage in intense action play with General Grievous who has posable limbs and stands over 11” tall.
This set is a great gift for fostering creativity and spatial skills. Perfect for any Star Wars fan, and a great opportunity to spend quality time with your favorite twelve-year-old.
You’ll find the force is strong in this one, best gifts for 12 year old boy it must be (we think Yoda would agree).
Settlers of Catan offers a wonderful opportunity to work on reasoning and strategy while having an epic adventure, it’s no surprise that it has received numerous awards worldwide.
This game is the perfect gift if you’re buying for a twelve-year-old who loves games, and who frequently says, “Will you play with me?” It features 60 minutes of creative playing time for 3-4 players and provides replay value in every game; no two games are the same!
Winner of the “Game of the Century” award, Catan is designed for ages 10+ and comes with everything you need to play. It’s made in the USA and is really a great gift choice for boys who love game night, but are tired of playing the same old boring games!
This gift is exciting for a variety of reasons, we love the idea of toys developing intelligence, while being fun. It’s also so exciting to foster a love for engineering in the next generation.
If you’re shopping for a twelve-year-old who always wants to know how things work, this gift is perfect!
It will provide a hands-on introduction to electronics as he creates real working circuits and devices. You can make over 175 projects with over 55 color-coded circuit components. Then you can plug in your phone (iPhone or Android) to see your circuits react!
Parents rave about the educational value of this gift, and kids love it too. Many of them choose to play with it instead of tablets or video games. It is high quality and comes with great customer service and good instructions!