If you’ve ever tried to talk a cranky kid into taking a bath, you know that bath toys can be a lifesaver; they are an important tool for turning a chore into playtime.
Bath toys should be well made, safe, and fun. There are a lot of products to choose from, but finding a toy that will entertain your child while being safe can be a lot of work.
That’s why we’ve put together some of the best bath toys for you; guaranteed to make anyone love tub time.
Scroll down to find great reviews, tips and suggestions to help you find the perfect bath toy for your kids!
Things to Consider When Buying Bath Toys
Give these suggestions some thought while you shop for bath toys:
- Educational Value. There’s no reason that bath time can’t build brain power! Some of the best tub toys have numbers and letters or encourage creative play and sorting. Kids can have fun without knowing that they’re learning.
Tip: If you’re looking for a great bath tub learning toy try #6 in our table!
- Age. Look for toys that will last for years. Toys that dump water or are powered by your child’s imagination, are toys that will last. They won’t break easily, and your child can fit them into whatever games they are interested in playing as they grow older.
- Messes. If you are a parent who doesn’t have time or patience for tub time messes (don’t feel badly, different behaviors push different buttons) look for toys that are minimum mess makers. Avoid water squirters; your child can still have fun without throwing water!
Top 10 Bath Toys Table
Check out these tips to help you find the best bath toys for your kids:
- Safety. Toys should be fun and free of chemicals. Check for BPA, Latex, PVC and lead. Read the product information to make sure all toys that your children play with are free of those harmful chemicals. Check for choking hazards and safety recalls before giving toys to children.
- Age. Often age limits are simply suggested based on a company’s target customer. If you see a toy your child would like, but it’s made for an older or younger child, buy it anyway! Just make sure there are no safety concerns (small parts could be a choking hazard for young children).
- Budget. For some reason, bath time fun seems to be proportional to the amount of toys kids can fit in the tub with them. If you need a lot of tub toys on a budget, look for toy sets, you will get more toys for your money.
Top 3 Best Bath Toys Reviews
These adorable bathtub boats will make an ocean explorer out of anyone. Four boats use magnets to hook together and float through the tub.
Bathtime is fun and educational with this boat parade, boats feature different colors, and numbers 1-4, to help toddlers with counting and color recognition. These bath toys are also great for creative play, we’re sure you can imagine the adventures your child will have with them.
They are certified BPA, lead and phthalate free making them a high quality, safe option. This is one of our favorite features because kids put everything in their mouths, especially in the bath tub!
These boats are made with great thought and care, they are designed to be played with for years, it’s easy to see why they are the best bath toys on our list!
We love this submarine from Green Toys, they have created a classic toy that will see hours of use both in and out of the bath tub.
Green Toys made their submarine from 100% recycled milk jugs, so you can feel good about buying from a company that’s working toward sustainable practices, reducing greenhouse gas and saving energy.
You can also feel great about giving a safe toy to your child, it’s Phthalate and BPA free. A safe, high quality toy for kids of all ages.
It is fun to play with in any kind of water, from the bath tub to a mud puddle, it will float great. Clean-up is easy, it’s dishwasher safe, so this submarine can safely go where no bath toy has gone before!
Let your child’s imagination run wild with this school of fish! Three fish are dressed, ready for school, and just waiting to have tub time adventures.
What’s not to love about this adorable bath toy? It comes with three fish, dressed in assorted outfits, and a boat bus for them to ride to “school” in. This toy just screams imaginative play.
Children will love catching the floating fish and squirting water (probably at you, be prepared!). They can also use the boat to dump water, or to give their fish a ride around the tub.
This toy is the best for creative play in the tub, but might not be the best for parents who are bothered by splashing!