For many two-year-olds, a baby doll is a staple item to have in the toy bin (or in a separate bin/crib that is designed just for the doll).
In the sea of dolly choices, it’s easy to choose one based on its level of cuteness, but as we’re about to show you, there is so much more to it than simply picking the best looking one from the bunch.
Check out our useful tips that will help you find the best baby doll for a 2 year old below!
What to Look For
Not sure how to shop for a baby doll? Here are a few tips to help you.
- Washable. It’s best to get a doll that is easy to wash and some of them tell you on the label how to do go about it.
Kill those germs!
- Size. Get something that is easy for a 2-year-old to carry or tote around as they play.
- Accessories. Does the doll come with accessories or will they need to be purchased separately?
Find out how many (if any) different outfits are available, too. These can come in handy as future gifts as the little one grows! Plus it’s fun for toddlers to change the doll clothes to match their clothing (pajamas for sleeping, swimsuits for summer, regular clothing, etc.)
- Doll Versions. Many dolls come in different versions, so if you’re looking for a particular hair color, you prefer a little girl or a little boy doll, etc. check to see if the manufacturer makes the one you’re looking for!
Top 6 Baby Dolls for 2 Year Old Table
Dolls can be equally fun (and beneficial) to girls and boys.
Have a look.
- Role Playing. Role-playing helps little ones develop their cognitive and motor skills and language skills.
It also allows them to work out any frustrations or stress that they are feeling by acting them out through the dolls. If you take the time to watch and observe your toddler as they play, you might even learn what is bothering them if they wouldn’t tell you when you asked!
- Preparing for Siblings. If there is another baby that will soon be joining the family, having a baby doll will help your little one prepare for the big event. You can have them practice holding the doll and how to be gentle with new baby once he or she arrives.
Top 3 Best Baby Doll for 2 Year Old Reviews
If your little one didn’t already receive this doll for their first birthday, give it to them for their second!
One of the great things about it is that it is soft. No hard plastic parts are used for Stella, just soft fabric!
She is 15 inches long, comes with one outfit (cloth diaper also included) and a pacifier that attaches thanks to the hidden magnets (one on the pacifier and the other behind the mouth).
You also have the potential to expand the collection, because there are other versions of the doll (a little boy, too!) along with furniture, clothing and other accessories that your little one will enjoy collecting and playing with.
If you want to avoid plastic parts, then this is the best baby doll for a 2 year old on our list!
For something slightly more life-like and still lightweight, you and your little one might enjoy this Corolle Mon Premier doll.
The beanbag body is lightweight and easy for little ones to carry around, and the 12-inch size makes it the perfect cuddle friend for any of the pretend mommies and daddies out there.
It also has a light vanilla scent and the vinyl limbs and face can stand up to all of the rough hits that it will probably take.
Great as a first baby doll for any toddler!
If you’re worried that a doll isn’t the right gift for a boy (even though you shouldn’t!), Peanut is the answer.
Manhattan Toys actually makes four of these pod babies. Pea, Peanut, Hunny Bunny and Snuggle Bug.
It’s a mix between baby doll and stuffed animal that still helps children develop their nurturing, cognitive and motor skills as they role-play.
Great for those of you who are afraid of giving something too “girly” or “feminine” to a little boy!