A selection of the best children’s snow scooters designed for young passengers of different ages and differing in appearance, convenience and additional features.
Which snow scooter to buy for a child
Modern snow scooters have a steering wheel for steering, flexible, well-gliding skis, comfortable steering wheel or handles, and a reliable braking system. This makes them more convenient for transporting a child compared to classic sleds. But snow scooters are designed for children who can already sit confidently and keep their balance. Models for the smallest are designed for ages from 1.5-2 years.
Snow scooters for older children (from 5-6 years old) are distinguished by good maneuverability and high speed characteristics. They are designed for active winter walks and ice slides.
Such a projectile helps the baby to strengthen the muscles, develop dexterity and a sense of balance. But to ride confidently, children will need certain transport management skills.
To choose a good snow scooter, you need to pay attention to the following product characteristics:
- Safety – the scooter must have a solid structure and a reliable braking system. For babies, choose models with a back and seat belts.
- Comfort – this takes into account the comfort of the seat and backrest, the type of steering wheel or handles, the presence of footrests. Also, the presence of shock absorption affects the ride comfort.
- Quality of materials and workmanship – the most reliable snow scooters are made from welded metal pipes. They are durable, high strength and high carrying capacity.
It is desirable that the projectile is universal, that is, it can travel on different surfaces: ice, snow, flat road or hill. Equally important is the ability to adjust the size of the vehicle.
In transformer models, it is generally possible to change the height of the seat and steering wheel, remove some elements – for example, the backrest and the parent pusher handle.
The best kids snow scooters with a back
Such models are intended for young children. They ensure the safety and comfort of the baby while riding.
For self-driving in snow scooters with a back, as a rule, a steering wheel is provided. And for transporting a child – a parental pusher handle and a towing rope. In transformers, the backrest can be removed or lowered.
Nick “Timka Sport 4-1”
The updated model is designed for riding kids aged 2.5-3 years. The snow scooter is suitable both for transporting children on dense snow and for rolling down ice slides.
The frame is made of welded steel tubes, the handlebars and skis are made of durable plastic. For the comfort of the child, a soft seat and a comfortable folding back, covered with eco-leather, are provided.
The smooth running of the snow scooter is provided by a shock absorber. In addition, the structure is equipped with a reinforced brake. The model has non-slip footrests for the baby’s feet. The set includes a tow rope with an automatic tape measure.
The model is designed for a load of up to 100 kg, while the vehicle’s own weight is slightly more than 6 kg. Seat size – 45.5×20 cm, seat height – 29 cm.
- Robust design, high lifting capacity.
- Comfortable spacious seat and foldable backrest.
- Shock absorber and reinforced brake.
- In the presence of a tow rope and seat belt.
- Affordable cost.
- The backrest is not height adjustable.
- There is no limitation of the steering wheel rotation.
The snow scooter is made in bright colors. Thanks to the long seat, it can carry two children at once. Also, some parents will be able to ride it down the mountain with their child – the safety margin of the projectile will be enough.
Demi Kiddy LUX
The “growing” Kiddy LUX snow scooters are distinguished by their beautiful and stylish design. The model provides the ability to adjust the height of the seat and steering wheel, thanks to which it is comfortable for children of different ages to ride on them. The snow scooter is designed for children from 1.5 to 7 years old.
The transport is notable for its light weight, it has a comfortable soft seat and backrest. For the convenience of the little ones, there are wide plastic footrests (they can be removed). There is also a convenient cable-roulette. Loading capacity of the model is 60 kg.
- Comfortable soft seat and backrest.
- The steering wheel and seat are height adjustable.
- Cushioning on the front ski.
- Lightweight construction.
- Very nice design.
- Designed for one child only.
- For children over 7 years old, the model is rather small.
Snow scooter Demi is suitable for transporting babies using a transport cable and for riding down small slides.
Bars Snowkat 104 Comfort “Husky”
The light and maneuverable Comfort “Husky” snow scooter is designed for children from 2.5 years old. The comfortable steering wheel provides ease of control, and the built-in brake ensures safety when stopping. Shock absorption is provided for a comfortable ride.
The novelty has an unusual design: the soft seat is decorated with the image of a funny husky dog, and the folding seat is decorated with a Scandinavian print. The metal frame is very robust and can withstand a weight of up to 100 kg. The snow scooter itself does not weigh up to 7 kg.
- High lifting capacity.
- Faux leather upholstered backrest.
- Excellent maneuverability and ease of control.
- There is a brake and elastic shock absorption.
- Unusual recognizable design.
- Designed for one child only.
- There is no attachment for the tow rope.
Due to its maneuverability and ease of control, the Russian 104 Comfort snow scooter is suitable for active children. The soft seat will provide comfort while riding.
The best kids snow scooters with handles
For schoolchildren and adolescents, manufacturers produce maneuverable snow scooters with handles. They are easy to operate and have excellent speed performance. For a comfortable and safe ride in such models, a shock absorption and braking system is provided.
Outwardly, children’s snow scooters are very diverse: they differ in the shape of the seat and steering wheel, as well as in stylistic performance.
Yamaha «Apex» Snow Bike with LED
The Apex Snow Bike is a novelty for the 2018-2019 winter season. The updated model has a wider and more comfortable seat.
A shock absorber is installed under it, which dampens shocks when rolling. On the front steering column, a resilient spring performs the same function.
The Yamaha snow scooter has a reliable braking system. The model is made in a stylish design and resembles a real motorcycle with glowing LED headlights.
The design of the transport is characterized by increased strength, and even the shock-resistant plastic of the case does not crack at low temperatures.
The length and width of the seat are 37×16 cm, the seat height is 25 cm, while the steering wheel is 20 cm higher. The model is not the lightest – its weight exceeds 7 kg, but it cannot boast of a good carrying capacity.
- Realistic motorcycle design.
- Glowing headlights with LEDs.
- Functional suspension and reliable braking system.
- High speed and aerodynamic performance.
- Excellent quality materials and workmanship.
- High price.
- Low carrying capacity (up to 40 kg).
Stylish snow scooter Yamaha “Apex” is suitable for active riding and will especially appeal to boys.
Stiga Snow Rider
Stiga’s Snow Rider is an unusual snow scooter. It is suitable for riding both sitting and standing. The transport frame is made of metal and can withstand a load of up to 100 kg.
The snow scooter has only two skis made of durable twin-type plastic. The steering wheel is height adjustable and has a steering angle limitation. The model is designed for one person.
- Versatility of use – like a snow scooter and scooter.
- Good speed performance.
- Carrying capacity up to 100 kg – suitable for teenagers and adults.
- The bicycle T-bar is height adjustable.
- Stylish bright performance.
- The price is above average.
- A snow scooter on two skis is less stable than three-ski counterparts.
The durable and comfortable Snow Rider snow scooter from Stiga is suitable for children, teenagers and adults. It is available in three colors: black, white and orange.
Small Rider «Trio»
Made in China made of lightweight and durable aluminum alloy. The frame is mounted on three small rounded skis, a T-bar and an adjustable seat are made according to the principle of bicycle.
Thanks to this design, the snow scooter has a compact size and minimum weight – only 2.6 kg.
The transport is very maneuverable, the steering wheel has a limitation on the angle of rotation. The seat is adjustable in height without special tools in the range of 26-30 cm from the ground. The set includes a transport cable.
- Very low weight and compact dimensions.
- The soft running seat is height adjustable.
- Comfortable bicycle handlebar.
- High transport maneuverability.
- There is a transport cable with a handle.
- To ride, you need to be able to keep your balance well.
- No cushioning, which is felt on uneven tracks.
The snow scooter is made in a bright, original black and gold colors in a sporty style.
The best snow scooters with wheels
Models with retractable wheels are designed specifically for urban driving where there is not snow everywhere on the roads. Such shells are convenient for transporting the smallest passengers.
Nick “Timka Sport 6”
The model of the season 2018-2019 “Timka Sport 6” provides a U-shaped parental pusher, a comfortable folding backrest and retractable wheels for movement on road sections with light snow or without it at all.
The transport is designed to transport the smallest children, although the structure is made of welded steel pipes and is designed for a load of up to 100 kg. When the wheels are extended, the carrying capacity of the snow scooter drops to 25 kg.
The seat in the model is soft and durable. A comfortable steering wheel is provided for maneuvering. There is a long cable with a convenient automatic tape measure, as well as a seat belt for fastening a child.
The weight of the transformer scooter is a little more than 9 kg (without a handle), the size of the seat is 44.5×20 cm with a height of 28 cm from the ground. The length of the pusher handle is 92 cm.
- Reliable stable construction, quality materials.
- There is a parental handle.
- Foldable backrest.
- The set includes a cable with automatic winding.
- Very heavy weight.
- The seat is narrow.
A convenient transformer scooter with a removable push handle and a folding seat is designed for children aged 4 to 7 years.
Small Rider «Snow Comet 2»
Snow scooter Snow Comet-2 is distinguished by functionality and increased dimensions. The manufacturer has provided for it a fairly long and wide seat with soft faux leather upholstery.
There is also a stationary comfortable seat with a removable cover for greater safety when transporting the child. The weight of the transport is slightly over 10 kg, and its carrying capacity is 50 kg.
The steering wheel is made in the image of a bicycle wheel – it is convenient for a child to hold on to it while riding. The model is equipped with retractable wheels that rotate 360 degrees and allow you to move along sections of the road without snow.
The snow scooter is equipped with shock absorbers, a push handle with two handles covered with non-slip pads is provided at the back.
- Soft, wide and long seat.
- Glides very well on snow.
- Maneuverable on the road.
- The cable is automatically twisted.
- Beautiful external performance.
- Great weight.
- The backrest is not adjustable or removable.
The Snow Comet-2 is designed for children from 3 to 7 years old. Thanks to the large seat, two babies can be transported on it at once.