Modern manufacturers offer a huge selection of various interactive toys. They are very diverse in appearance and purpose, inherent in the design, capabilities and price.
What kind of interactive toy to buy for a child
Smart toys can be designed for children and adolescents of all ages. When buying a suitable model, you first need to decide what functions it should perform and what to teach. Depending on this, conditionally all interactive toys can be divided into several types.
Developing – aimed at acquainting the child with the world around him and helping him learn basic concepts (colors, shapes, names of animals, fruits, etc.). Toys are very variable in appearance: they come in the form of figures of animals, houses, cars, interactive panels, tables.
What they have in common is a bright performance, an understandable and convenient arrangement of buttons, and a well-developed feedback from the child. These toys glow, make different sounds and react to touch. Developers are designed for the smallest, they are bought for children from six months to about 3 years old.
Educational toys – by purpose they are similar to developmental ones, but are designed for older children. Their main function is to prepare the child for school in an unobtrusive playful way. At the same time, the kid learns to count, learns the alphabet, foreign words, the names of countries and continents, learns about new species of animals, plants, etc.
Interactive dolls are very similar to real children: they can cry, talk, walk. They need to be fed, bathed and planted in a pot. These toys are intended for preschool girls. Fluffy interactive pets are ideal for young allergy sufferers and those who are not allowed by their parents to have a real puppy or kitten. Toy pets teach young children (3-6 years old) to take responsibility and order.
Robots have a more complex design and control system, while they are very functional. The control of such technological models is carried out through the application programs on the phone or using the remote control. Complex robots are designed for teenagers, but expensive models for preschoolers should not be bought.
The best educational interactive toys
These toys are intended for young children who are just starting to learn about the world around them. They affect the baby’s different senses and are suitable for both calm and active games.
Chicco Friends on the Farm – baby themed pinball
The body of the pinball table has smooth lines, and its design includes large elements painted in bright contrasting colors. Here you need to hit the target with a colored ball. With each precise blow, a light and sound module is triggered, and a funny dog appears from behind the door. The game develops coordination and affects the organs of hearing and vision.
- Safe body material and striking performance.
- The kid can play pinball on his own, as well as with his parents or friends.
- Nice musical accompaniment.
- The presence on the panel of various parts for “finger games” and the development of fine motor skills.
- High price for such a small toy.
- Large enough dimensions.
This positive toy is designed for young children. It is great for indoor group games.
Music play table from Weina – a real home orchestra
The interactive model is made in the form of a white plastic panel mounted on removable colored legs. When the keys are pressed, light and sound signals are triggered.
The little table effectively develops a sense of rhythm in the child and introduces him to the sound of different instruments. It can play like saxophone, xylophone, harp, accordion. The module also contains animal voices.
- The large, bright buttons are eye-catching and child-friendly.
- The toy contains 10 melodies and voices of different animals.
- Can be used as a table or as a separate panel for playing in the arena.
- There is a volume control button.
- The table legs are not very stable.
The toy is suitable for children from 9 months. But it is better to give such crumbs only a panel until they themselves are confidently on their feet.
Multicube Kiddieland – multifunctional gaming center
The multifunctional toy is a cube with 6 sides and safe rounded edges. On each side of it there is a separate game, which is activated by pressing buttons or turning knobs. There are also opening windows and rotating elements.
With the help of the play center, the child will be able to listen to songs or a peppy rhyme about charging, study the counting and watch device, and learn how different animals speak. The toy comes with 3 AA batteries.
- There are 6 thematic games in one center.
- Compact dimensions – 36x15x26 cm.
- A retractable handle is provided for easy portability.
- Diverse dubbing – the module contains various songs, poems, counting rhymes, counting, piano notes.
- Nice and bright design that kids love.
- High price.
- The batteries need to be replaced periodically.
The manufacturer recommends the music cube for children from 18 months, but it is quite suitable for babies 12 months +.
Happy Baby Quacky – an interactive wheeled duck
The funny Quacky duck is made of high-strength bright plastic, safe for the baby. Thanks to the castors, the toy is very mobile. To set it in motion, you need to press the “Start” button on the head of the figure.
The body of the duck is made of yellow plastic, the wings are made of orange and blue. The buttons on the belly are multi-colored. When moving, the hero opens and closes his eyes and beak, flaps his backlit wings. On the belly of the toy there are keys that activate sound effects: playing melodies, beating a heart, etc.
- Bright design.
- A wide range of functions – the duck runs away, quacks, flaps its wings, plays melodies.
- High quality and durable impact resistant plastic.
- Suitable for active and quiet indoor and outdoor games.
- Affordable price.
- Wheels don’t ride very well on uneven surfaces.
The Quacky duckling is suitable for the development of the baby’s senses and coordination of movements.
Fisher-Price Smart Stages – Smart Music Player
Mattel’s compact music player with Smart Stages technology makes your little one feel like a real DJ. The child can press buttons, spin the roller and rings, rotate the dial and switch levers, changing the volume and tone of sounds, thereby developing fine motor skills. In addition, an alphabet is applied on the platform of the product, and the buttons are made in the form of geometric shapes.
- Learning sounds, letters, new words, numbers, colors.
- The on-off button is conveniently made.
- You can adjust the speed and volume of playback.
- Voice acting in Russian and English.
- Compact size – the player is convenient to take with you on a visit.
- The cost is above average.
Smart Stages can be given to a baby as early as 6 months old. But even as he gets older, he will enjoy playing with him.
Best interactive dolls
A girl can take care of such a toy like a real child. With an interactive baby doll, the game of mothers and daughters will become very realistic and fun.
Hasbro Baby Alive “Favorite Baby” – like a real baby
Baby Alive has no analogues among other dolls in its realism. She makes various sounds, moves and changes facial expressions, can sleep, play hide and seek, naturally giggle or cry, turn her head to a sound source or change body position.
The size of the doll is 30 cm. The body is made of soft textiles, and the head and handles are made of hard plastic. The Baby has huge blue eyes and fluffy eyelashes. Among the skills of the doll there are more than 50 combinations of different movements, facial expressions and sounds. The toy is supplied with high-quality clothing and accessories: children’s pajamas, hat, bib, diaper, bottle and nipple.
- Maximum realism.
- High functionality.
- A large set of sounds – the doll is crying, laughing, humming.
- Safe materials.
- The soft body is pleasant to hold in your hands.
- High price.
- The batteries supplied with the doll are demo batteries. For further play, they need to be replaced with new ones (4 pcs. AA type).
Due to the high realism of the doll’s movements, girls of all ages really like “Beloved Baby”.
My little BABY Born Zapf Creation “Top-top” – a doll taking the first steps
In 2018, Zapf Creation released a new model of their interactive doll. This is a 32 cm toddler girl in a pink dress, a funny hat with ears and boots. The toy can walk, laugh, say “mom” and “dad”. She reacts to different sounds and a person’s voice. If you call her, clap your hands or make a rattle in front of her, the doll begins to step forward. When the baby is picked up, she laughs. Together with the baby doll, a pet is supplied – a rattle-bunny.
- Attractive appearance of the toy.
- Convenient activation system – to activate the doll, you need to press her tummy.
- Reacts to sounds.
- Knows how to walk.
- Made of durable and safe plastic.
- The doll does not close its eyes.
- Requires batteries to operate.
The compact and functional toy My little BABY Born will be a good present for a girl from 3 years old.
Bambolina Nena “Ballerina” – talking doll
Girls will love this toy due to its attractive appearance and functionality. She has a cute face, silky blonde hair, a smart pink dress, and a beautiful headband. The doll Nena knows how to sing songs and speak (knows counting rhymes and 23 phrases) – for this she needs to put pressure on her tummy. She also drinks water and goes to the pot.
The doll’s body is soft, the height is 36 cm. The set includes the doll itself, a set of clothes, a bottle for water, a comb and a mirror, as well as 2 colored strands of hair for creating original hairstyles.
- Good dubbing and a wide range of sounds.
- Long hair can be washed, brushed and braided.
- Knows how to drink water.
- The toy has no expressive facial expressions.
The ballerina doll is recommended for girls from 3 years old.
Best interactive pets
Children love interactive toy animals for their realism and positive emotions, and parents love for their simplicity of content. In addition, unlike real animals, toys do not cause allergies, so they are suitable for absolutely everyone.
Hasbro FurReal Friends – cute and funny puppy
Hasbro’s Fur Real Friends Little Puppy is made of soft and safe textiles. This is an eco-friendly and pleasant to the touch material, reminiscent of the fur of a real animal. The dog moves thanks to the wheel located between the front paws – it is enough to give the dog a light push. You can “walk” the dog on a special rigid leash. The peculiarity of the toy is its realism. The puppy fulfills its natural needs and needs to be cleaned after it.
- Compact size and positive appearance of the pet.
- Ease of movement – it is easy to control the toy thanks to the rigid cane leash.
- Teaches the child to take responsibility and the need to care for animals.
- Textile, soft and pleasant to the touch, which can be washed with a sponge and soapy water.
- Wide assortment – many different breeds and other types of animals.
- The toy is not voiced.
- Periodic replacement of batteries is required (3 pcs. AA type).
The manufacturer recommends buying funny pets for children from 4 years old. The Fur Real Friends line includes dogs of different breeds, kittens and even a unicorn.
Chicco Dinosaur T-Rec – toy with voice recorder
Chicco’s cute plastic dinosaur is designed for young children. The toy has dimensions of 15x8x16 cm and is equipped with sound and light special effects. The dinosaur can record and play back the speech of a child, and it also has a built-in bright flashlight. Pressing the T-Rec button opens the mouth and moves the front legs.
- The toy is completely made of durable plastic, non-toxic and hypoallergenic.
- The sound module contains various melodies and sounds.
- With the help of a voice recorder, you can record the child’s voice, and then process and play it.
- Thanks to the built-in flashlight, you can play with the dinosaur in the dark.
- Bright colors and large buttons appeal to babies.
- Small range of motion of the toy.
The Chicco T-Rec dinosaur is designed for play by children from 2 to 5 years old.
Little live pets Wrapples – fun bracelet toy
This small furry animal will become a constant companion of the child. It is convenient to take with you thanks to its unusual design: the toy is wrapped around a child’s wrist like a bright and original bracelet. Fantastic animals are very similar to living beings. They react to touch, speak their own incomprehensible language, can hum and sing songs.
There are sensors on the animal’s head, so it reacts differently to touch, scratching, tickling. In addition, pussies show their mood by changing their eye color.
- Unusual and funny design.
- A wide range of emotions – pets are happy, angry, sad, worried.
- The animals make a variety of sounds – laugh, crackle, hum, squeak and sing.
- The toy-bracelet is securely attached to the hand using a slam-shut mechanism and a Velcro-fixer.
- The price is above average.
- The toy cannot be washed.
Little live pets Wrapples will suit active girls from 5 years old. However, boys, too, will not give up on such funny animals – there are blue and purple pets for them.
Best interactive robots
Robot toys introduce children to the world of high technologies. They are distinguished by their complex design and a fairly high price. Manufacturers produce robots of various types: classic, transformers, in the form of famous cartoon and comic book characters, as well as a huge number of robotic animals. Functional interactive droids will be interesting not only for children, but also for their parents.
MiPosaur WowWee – high-tech dinosaur Miposaurus
New from WowWee is a dinosaur robot that balances on wheels mounted on its hind legs. The toy is controlled from a smartphone using a special program. In addition, the robot’s design includes touch sensors that respond to gestures and movements. He also recognizes some sounds (for example, pops).
The set with the dinosaur comes with a remote ball connected to the robot via Bluetooth. When you turn on the special mode, the dinosaur follows the ball or the person carrying it (“Leash” mode).
- Convenient control scheme.
- The program can be installed on a smartphone based on Apple or Android.
- Regular software updates to enhance the functionality of the dinosaur.
- Variety of performed tricks.
- Bluetooth binding to the remote control ball.
- Attractive toy design.
- Relatively light weight (1.36 kg).
- Like other high-tech toys with sensitive electronics, the robot requires careful handling.
The dino robot will be an interesting gift for a child or teenager.
Mindstorms EV3 by LEGO – 2-in-1 robot and construction set
The new LEGO model is an example of high-tech robotics. The play set includes more than 500 Technic construction parts, a programmable computer unit, 2 monitors, a motor, a control panel, a USB cable, touch and color sensors, an infrared sensor.
According to the attached 3D instructions, a teenager will be able to assemble a robot and then program it on his own. Controlling the finished figurine is provided using the remote control from a smartphone or tablet. The robot can talk, walk, drive, make simple decisions on its own and execute various commands.
- Assembly variability. One of 5 models can be assembled from the supplied parts.
- Intuitive interface of the computer unit that does not create problems in programming.
- Sensitive sensors allow the robot to avoid obstacles and increase its maneuverability.
- The basic model can be supplemented with a charger and battery.
- Very high price.
- The batteries required for the robot’s operation (6 finger and 2 little fingers) are not included in the kit.
The Lego robot is an expensive and rather complicated toy. It is intended for teenagers from 12-14 years old who are fond of robotics.
Spin Master Zoomer Marshall – Robotic Puppy
The prototype of this interactive radio-controlled toy is the hero of the famous cartoon “Paw Patrol” – a Dalmatian firefighter. The model has an attractive cartoon design and high functionality.
An important detail – the toy is voiced by the same voice as in the cartoon. The dog is moving on wheels. The puppy has a transformable backpack on its back. When unfolded, it turns into a special installation for firing water. To activate the model, you need 4 AA batteries.
The robot works in two modes: “Puppy” and “Mission execution”. In the first, the puppy reacts to sounds, gives out more than 150 phrases, barks and whines, sings songs, can ride – independently or following the child. In the second mode, the kid will be able to perform various tasks with the robot puppy. For example, extinguish a volcano by firing plastic torpedoes from a water cannon.
- Radio control.
- Several operating modes.
- Smooth movements.
- High quality materials.
- Quite high cost.
The Paw Patrol fans will appreciate the robot puppy. It is suitable for preschoolers and primary school children.
Fisher-Price Bibo – Dancing Robot for Toddlers
The musical robot Bibo may become one of the first interactive toys for a child. It is made of bright, durable plastic. The height of the toy is 30 cm, and all the elements are painted in different colors and have smooth rounded contours.
Bebo has a very funny appearance: he has a smiling face with huge eyes and colored horns made of soft material. A color-changing illumination is made on the belly of the robot. The body of the toy is very mobile – Bibo dances well and is suitable for active games of the child.
The toy has three modes of operation: dancing and active movements at different speeds; games and learning; voice recording. Then the child’s phrases can be played back to music like a new song. The buttons for switching modes are located on the shoes of the robot.
- Fun and colorful design that grabs the baby’s attention.
- In dance mode, Bebo plays 5 melodies and invites the child to repeat the movements after him.
- By pressing on the belly, Bibo says teaching phrases or sings songs.
- With the help of the robot, the child learns the alphabet, counting, learns different colors, and also develops perseverance.
Interactive robot Bibo is designed for kids aged from six months to 3 years.
Best educational interactive toys
In addition to the fact that toys entertain the child and develop his fine motor skills and coordination of movements, they help him get ready for school and learn new knowledge. And thanks to feedback, the learning process with interactive models is more efficient. While playing, the child learns counting, the alphabet, colors and geometric shapes, learns the names of animals and birds, learns the basics of biology and geography, and much more.
Giraffe “World of Adventures” – multifunctional gaming table
The game table of the Russian brand “Girafica” is intended for young children. It is designed for the active study of colors and counting, the development of sound perception and fine motor skills. The “World of Adventures” table is made in the form of a play center: in the center of the composition are the main characters – the Bunny and the Bear, who travel on a toy train. During the ride, the train dispatcher says different phrases.
Also, the design of the game panel includes a children’s piano with colored keys, cubes with numbers, counting beads on a twig, geometric figures and other elements. A lot of songs are recorded in the sound module of the center. The piano switches modes: you can listen to melodies, learn notes or color names.
- Very colorful design.
- Durable and durable plastic.
- The table stands on wide and stable legs.
- The volume is adjustable.
- You can change the speed of the train by switching the toggle switch.
- The child will be able to learn counting and the basics of arithmetic.
- Batteries run out quickly enough.
- The protruding elements cannot be disassembled (rods with beads and rattles), which is not very convenient for storage.
The table is recommended for children from 1.5 years old, but it can also be purchased for babies up to one year old.
Fisher-Price Smart Globe – Learning Geography
The educational globe from Fisher-Price is made using Smart Stages technology. The toy has an interesting design – a bright ball that can rotate 360 ° is installed on a music platform in the form of a book. The surface of the sphere is painted in different colors so that oceans and continents can be identified. Land areas are embossed to make it easier for a child to explore.
The globe works in 3 modes, the switch button is located at the top of the toy. By switching modes, the kid will study greetings in different countries, find out what animals live on each continent, and also listen to national songs.
- Colorful execution.
- Each continent has buttons to find out new information about different parts of the world.
- Information is periodically repeated for better assimilation.
- The toy contains over 100 different sounds and phrases.
- The globe is very durable: the plastic does not scratch or crack when dropped.
The original smart globe is suitable for kids from 1.5 years old, although it is more interesting for older children to play with it. This toy will be an excellent assistant in preparing for school and teaching in primary grades.
“Clever” – a school bus with the alphabet
The bright red bus can be used both for active games that develop spatial coordination and balance, as well as for teaching and preparing the kid for school. On the side walls of the machine there are volumetric letters of the Russian alphabet and round buttons with numbers, and on top there are 4 buttons with geometric shapes. With the help of the toy, the child will get acquainted with the culture and animals of different countries, learn letters and numbers. When you press the buttons on the bus, the backlight turns on and pleasant music plays.
- The bus is of a comfortable medium size.
- Made of durable plastic and will not break during active play.
- The cab doors can be opened and closed.
- The headlights flash to the music.
- Sound effects when pressing different buttons.
- The model is equipped with a convenient carrying handle.
- The design is quite childish: the driver and passengers are simply drawn in the “windows” of the bus.
The Umnyaga school bus is designed for young children – children 2-3 years old will like this toy.