The best cradles for a sound and comfortable sleep of the newborn, as well as easy adaptation of the baby outside the mother’s tummy. Models from birth to 6-9 months, as well as transformers “for growth”.
Which cradle is better to buy for a newborn
One of the obvious advantages of the carrycot is its mobility and compactness. Due to the wheels and their low weight, they can be easily moved around the house, or even carried in the hands – so that the child is always under supervision. And the small size of the cradle will allow you to attach it to your parent’s bed.
When choosing, you should rely on the following parameters and design features:
- The best sides are mesh. They provide good air circulation and provide a clear view for the baby and mother.
- The presence of a mattress with an orthopedic effect and natural filling (coconut coir, seaweed, etc.).
- Eco-friendly materials are also appreciated in the design itself. Wood is more practical and safer, but such models weigh more than plastic and even metal ones, and their cost is several times higher.
- Weight restrictions rarely allow babies weighing more than 9 kg to be placed in cradles, pay attention to this too, especially if the child is large.
- The straps will prevent the baby from falling out of the cradle. Their presence is mandatory on models with low sidewalls.
The price, design and shape of the cradle is an individual choice. The main thing is compliance with safety rules and structural stability. But some additional functions can be very useful. These include a music unit, a motion sickness system, a night light, an inclined back.
The best wooden cradles for newborns
Eco-friendly and practical, natural wood cradles are not cheap, but they are safe and very beautiful. Many models are complemented by canopies, hoods and stable legs.
Fiorellino Berlin New
Stylish and compact model made of solid laminated beech. The basket frame is assembled in 4 parts for easy transportation and storage. The legs are equipped with wheels for transportation, there is a canopy mount and a pendulum mechanism for motion sickness (if necessary, it can be fixed in a stationary state).
The distance between the lamellas is safe – 8 cm, the baby’s head will not get stuck there, and the arm or leg can be easily removed. The height of the bed is 100 cm, including the canopy 160 cm. The inner size of the cradle is 80×44 cm – enough for babies up to six months of age.
- High-quality assembly;
- Eco-friendly materials;
- Convenient oval cradle shape;
- Canopy included;
- Wheels for transportation;
- Safe distance between lamellas;
- Swing mechanism with a lock.
- There is no stupor on the wheels;
- Bed linen and mattress must be purchased separately.
The Fiorellino Berlin New carrycot series is available in two shades: white and beige (wood with transparent varnish). The manufacturer is silent about weight restrictions, but the internal dimensions of the bed clearly set the age range within 6-8 months.
Feretti Twin Cradle Double Nidi Enchant
This twin rocking chair has a simpler, more classic design. The frame is made of solid beech wood coated with water-based paints and varnish. All materials are harmless to children’s health. The base under the mattress ensures the correct position of the back and prevents curvature of the spine.
The slats on the sidewalls and the partition are placed at a safe distance. In the design, all corners are rounded to prevent possible injury, and the runners evenly distribute the weight, preventing the bed from turning over.
- Babies are separated by a lattice partition and do not interfere with each other’s sleep;
- Rounded corners and safe materials;
- Reliable build;
- The structure does not lose balance, even if one of the children hangs over the edge;
- Orthopedic bed and mattress included;
- Riders for motion sickness.
- There are no wheels and a basket for things;
- Unpretentious design;
- It’s expensive.
Italian furniture has always been appreciated for its quality, therefore the price for it is quite high. You will have to pay 27-30 thousand rubles for a cradle for twins.
The Dutch brand produces equally high quality children’s furniture. And even if this model does not know how to rock a child, it will last much longer than its plastic counterpart. The size of the crib is 83×46 cm, respectively, you can use such a cradle up to six months of age.
The cradle is made of MDF, and the legs are made of solid wood. Natural paints are also used that do not emit toxins and generally no odors. The stock is held securely by four legs joined by a partition for strength, but a level floor is required for stability.
- Natural materials;
- Excellent air circulation;
- Suitable for any interior of the nursery;
- There are no sharp corners and the distance between the slats is also safe;
- Modules with toys and a canopy are easily attached to the frame.
- No hood included;
- Staggers on uneven floors;
- Supplied without mattress;
- Expensive for MDF.
The model does not shine with an exquisite design – everything is modest and tasteful, but more than one generation of children can be raised in such a cradle. MDF is not affected by moisture and is perfectly stored in polyethylene in a dry room.
Indigo Wood Kolyibel
An unusual format for a newborn’s cradle is more of a place for mom and baby to rest. The frame is made of a multilayer board of solid birch – a durable, durable and natural material. Water-soluble varnish and Swedish acrylic paint were taken as decorative coatings.
Mom’s chair has a fabric upholstery that is easy to clean and yet sufficiently abrasion resistant. The bottom of the crib is hard and solid – ideal for placing an orthopedic mattress. The inner size of the bed is 37×77 cm, height is 89 cm. The maximum age limit is 6 months.
- Original design;
- Serves as a crib and rocking chair for mom;
- You can comfortably feed and rock your baby;
- Easy to carry, suitable for outdoor activities;
- Natural solid birch;
- Relatively low cost.
- Low sides;
- It is inconvenient to put it to the bed;
- Solid “blind” walls;
It is good to place such a structure on the terrace or in the room where the mother spends most of the time. But for active babies, the sides are too low here – it is unsafe to leave a child older than 6 months in such a cradle. There may also be problems with the selection of the mattress. The size of the cradle is slightly smaller than the standard 40×80 cm.
The range of such models is more extensive, moreover, they are lighter and have wheels for moving around the apartment. The best option for moms who want to keep their baby in sight at all times.
The cradle with a pendulum mechanism and a deep hood will be appreciated by many mothers. It is suspended from a sturdy metal frame with stable legs. They have anti-slip rubber caps. The rocking system has 5 speeds and 3 rocking intervals: 5, 15 and 30 minutes.
Comfort will be added by a mattress with a soft pad and walls, and a removable mosquito net will protect against insects, which completely blocks access to the baby. Among the entertainment, a musical center with children’s songs is installed.
- Stylish and beautiful bed with fabric ruffles;
- Stable frame with rubberized feet;
- Deep hood with snap-on mosquito net;
- Fully customizable pendulum;
- Hypoallergenic cotton upholstery;
- Complete with mattress and pillow;
- Musical block.
- There are no wheels, and you will have to carry the carrycot manually.
The manufacturer offers three upholstery colors: blue, pink and ivory. The cradle has a restriction on the weight of the child (9 kg) and age – up to 6 months, because berth size 77×40 cm.
The novelty from the Italian brand is one of the best options for a side crib. The carrycot is equipped with a stable, but not bulky metal frame and padded sides with mesh inserts. One side panel is removable for quick access to the child. The height of the cradle also changes – 8 levels are available here, and there is also an antireflux position that prevents regurgitation.
There is a wide range of colors in the Cullami series – 10 pieces, designs with and without frills. The kit includes a holder for the module and canopy, as well as straps for attaching to the parent’s bed.
- Large selection of colors and designs;
- Serves as a stand-alone or bedside cradle;
- Reliable metal frame;
- Nice textile upholstery;
- Removable wheels for transportation;
- 8 levels of height;
- Swing function.
- No hood
- The sidewall can only be removed from one side.
Mesh inserts provide air circulation, open the view for baby and mother. Textiles, if necessary, can be removed for cleaning.
Summer Infant By Your Bed Sleeper
Another option for a bedside cradle, in which the baby will be no less comfortable. The high mesh walls and the anatomical back seem to imitate the position in the mother’s tummy, which means that the baby will sleep better, feeling protected. The shape of the frame allows the cradle to be more tightly attached to the parent’s bed.
The design allows for a change in the height of the base from 76 to 96 cm and two levels of head elevation – 11 and 30 degrees to prevent regurgitation. Other features include a night light, a player with four lullabies, sounds of nature and heartbeat, 2 speeds of motion sickness, a sleep timer. The 3-point belt is responsible for safety.
- The legs of the frame slide under the parent’s bed;
- Backrest with two lifting modes;
- Rocking system;
- Mesh walls;
- Adjustable height;
- Seat belts for fastening the baby;
- Ringtones and other functions;
- Affordable price.
- Limit to 8 kg – approximate age 5 months.
You should not exceed the permissible weight category in such a structure – the mesh will not withstand the load and will quickly break through. Yes, and the grown-up child will not be so comfortable to sleep in it.
We recommend this model for travels and trips to visit or to the country. It is lightweight, quickly folds for transportation and serves as a chaise longue cradle. A child can not only sleep there, but also eat, play and watch what is happening. The anatomical base ensures a comfortable sleep, and the straps ensure safety.
The sidewalls are made of durable mesh for air circulation and good visibility. The frame is made of metal and folds easily – like a touring chair. For newborns of the first month of life, there is a special insert under the back. In addition, the chaise longue can swing the baby and sing songs to him.
- 2 in 1 model – carrycot and sun lounger;
- 3 levels of height;
- Folding mechanism – compact and mobile;
- Solid metal base;
- Hard back with soft pad;
- Vibration mode selection.
- Designed for up to 4 months;
- It is not recommended for a child to sleep in such a cradle all the time.
The chaise longue is good for its mobility. It allows you to take the crumbs to your kitchen when you cook, or to visit your friends. But as a permanent sleeping place, he is still inferior to the crib.
The miniature cradle is the ideal place for your baby to sleep comfortably. It can be installed in any room and attached to the bed. The base of the carrycot is made of breathable cotton fabric, which is easy to care for, moreover, it absorbs liquid well and is ventilated. The mattress comes with waterproof quilted padding.
The plastic legs have an arched shape and are fixed in two positions: high, like a regular bed, and low – in the form of runners for motion sickness. Such a bed can be placed on a table or sofa to relax next to mom. The inner size of the cradle is 74×30 cm.
- Compact dimensions;
- High quality plastic legs;
- Deep carrycot with ventilated bottom and soft mattress;
- 2 positions of height;
- Textiles are easy to care for.
- Solid sidewalls do not allow air to pass through;
- Expensive for a plastic model;
- There are no additional features.
The basket can be used for at least 6 months – until the baby begins to rise and grows out of the size of the cradle. Due to the runners, a smooth swing is obtained, like in a stroller.
The best convertible bassinets for newborns
To save money and space in the house, you should pay attention to these cradles. They easily convert from a normal cradle to a highchair or lounger for your little one.
Aprica Yuralism Auto Premium New
The chair resembles a stroller cradle, but the bottom is made in the form of a metal base with tiny wheels for transportation. The model has a high hood on which a mosquito net is attached to the frame. The backrest is adjustable in five positions – from a reclining position to a sitting position.
There is a motion sickness function that imitates the movements of a mother, seat belts, a music center with melodies, an insert for a newborn. The cradle can be further used as a highchair, for this the set includes a plastic table top.
- Stylish design and a good selection of colors;
- Use from birth to 3 years of age;
- Easily transforms into a highchair or chaise longue;
- 5 levels of height;
- Melodies and motion sickness function;
- Fully reclining backrest;
- Removable table and hood.
The mattress has an orthopedic shape and a recess for the back of the head, and the newborn pad is equipped with a wide belt and walls imitating a mother’s hug. But the cost of such beauty is rather big – from 70 thousand rubles.
Chicco Baby Hug 4 в 1
The highchair bed grows with the child from birth to 3 years. At first, as a cradle, it is equipped with a comfortable mattress, soft upholstery and a toy module. With age, the Hug transforms into a chaise longue, where the child is fastened with seat belts. And when the baby learns to sit by himself, the model is used as a highchair.
In the Chicco Baby transformer, almost everything is adjustable: height, tilt, backrest, seat. Responsible for durability is a strong metal frame and high-quality upholstery, which can be removed for washing. The legs are equipped with wheels for moving around the apartment. The transformation mechanism is simple and reliable, and the toy module turns into a wide handle for transportation.
- Practical and safe design;
- Original, stylish design;
- Perfectly keeps balance, even when the baby is spinning around;
- 4 wheels with brakes for movement;
- Seat belts;
- Stuffed toys-pendants included, plus a melody player;
- 3 backrest positions.
- All stains are visible on the fabric, so it will have to be washed frequently.
When folded, the model takes up little space – 85x88x60 cm. It can be stored on the balcony. The full height of the cradle is 122 cm – the mother does not have to bend too low towards the baby, especially after a complicated birth or a cesarean section.
Kinderkraft Cradle 5 в 1 Unimo
Another functional model in the form of a chaise longue, but with low legs. This can be put on the table or on the bed next to mom. She is also good at traveling. The back has three positions: lying, reclining and sitting. The cradle will completely replace the rocking chair, chaise longue, high chair and crib. She knows how to rock and entertain a child with mobile toys.
For safety, 3-point harnesses are provided. The hood is removable, and the frame itself is quickly and easily folded for transportation. Such a miracle weighs only 5.5 kg and is designed for a child’s weight up to 18 kg.
- Foldable design – lightweight and compact;
- Changes the position of the back;
- Due to low legs, it does not turn over;
- Withstands weight up to 18 kg;
- Combines the functions of a bed, swing, deck chair and chair;
- Affordable cost.
- The legs are not adjustable in height;
- Plastic frame;
- Incomprehensible instructions and difficulties when lifting the back.
The model is ideal for trips to the country, a picnic or on a visit. The baby is always in the mother’s field of vision, and even strapped on. But the low height of the cradle sometimes brings inconvenience. Attached to the parent’s bed, the cradle will be below its level, and the baby runs the risk of catching a cold due to a draft.